Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kirche Mousse

I've been playing around with a mousse recipe I have. It has a serious amount of kirche and a bit of vanilla. I adore it because it packs a serious punch. I'm thinking of using it in a cake (the recipe for the mousse comes from a cake - but I wasn't brilliantly happy with the cake when I did make it). I'm thinking of using a recipe for a shortbread type cookie with a bunch of salt in it as the base - maybe a sponge with kirche soaked cherries or cranberries as another layer or maybe a cherry/cranberry gellee layer and then some more mousse. But I'm not sure yet.

For the top one it was simply put in a mold with the salty short bread cookie, the one in the wine
glass had mousse with layers of the cookies crumbled, and another layer of kirche soaked tart cherries.

1 comment:

Snooky doodle said...

this looks delicious and served with cherries must be heavenly. :)

Visit my new blog at http://snookysrecipedoodles.blogspot.com/